THROUGH THE NIGHT Training Camp
Time & Location
About the event
The objectives of this weekend will be geared towards athletes running their first ultra races that may go into, or potentially right through, the night… Think Skyrun 100 and Ultra Trail Cape Town 100km, or Addo 100 miler and UTD 100 miler for early 2022! Your event may seem a long way off, but it’s never too early to start eliminating the unknowns and thereby ensure as stress-free a race as possible!
Some of the ultra-elements we’ll be covering include the following:
- Moving through the night & methods of reducing and managing sleep deprivation.
- Learning to navigate efficiently and confidently with your watch or GPS device, day or night.
- Climb, climb and climb some more! You can expect to ascend at least one pass, tag a few peaks and spend a fair amount of time running at altitude ( 3000m above sea level).
- Ultra trail specific nutrition and hydration strategies - to be covered in-depth.
- Ultra pacing strategies, so you’re not that guy or girl under the tree at 80km...
- All this while having mountains of fun as well! :)