Fri, 02 Jul|
mNweni Cultural & Hiking Centre
Elevation Challenge - Mnweni Mountain Running Weekend
The objective of this weekend will be to climb, climb and climb! You can expect to ascend multiple passes, tag a few peaks and spend a fair amount of time running at altitude, all the while having mountains of fun!
Time & Location
02 Jul 2021, 16:00 – 04 Jul 2021, 14:00
mNweni Cultural & Hiking Centre, D1259 Mabhesini Area, Bergville, 3350, South Africa
About the event
What to Expect
- 3 guided runs with experienced mountain runners Nicolette Griffioen and Pierre Jordaan.
- GPS routes to upload to your device in order to practice navigation over the weekend.
- The option to do Day 3’s run alone to hone navigation skills and solo mountain running confidence.
- Guaranteed ascent of approximately 5000m over the weekend.
- Unlimited advice and Q&As with Mountain Abandon’s UESCA certified running coaches.
- A fun group of like-minded athletes with whom to share knowledge, enjoy a long weekend of movement in the mountains, and share good stories over even better coffee with the amazing Gegrond Coffee!